How to speed up Firefox without reinstalling it

For past few days my Firefox is running slow.Not only it is slow, my Firefox sometimes hangs for no reason, consumes a large amount of memory and CPU usage can climb up to 90% or more when you have multiple tabs open simultaneously.To avoid this i uninstalled most of the extensions and toolbars, deleted all the cookies and internet temporary files, cleared up the file download queue and disabled the background check for software updates, but none of this has helped me speed-up Firefox.

After goggling it,I found some tips for it.I found that this is a common problem especially if you have been running Firefox for some time, I don't know why Firefox slows down but here's a small trick to rejuvenate the aged copy of Firefox without doing a fresh install.

1.First of all take the backup of all your Firefox bookmarks (Go to bookmarks->Organize bookmarks ->import and backup->backup)

2.Now go to run and

3.Now you will see a windows "Firefox-Choose user profile" ,here click the Create Profile button without making any modifications to your existing profile (which is normally called "default")

4.Now you can use Firefox with original speed but with blank bookmarks so first of all import all of your books by using the same procedure.

Enjoyed reading this article,Now you may want to Subscribe to my RSS feed!or scroll down to leave a comment, or get back to the homepage.

Related Posts by Categories



1 comments:

  Unknown

2:36 PM

Thanks for Your tips about the speedup firefox.For the last somedays my firefox is too slow .I check my internet speed in the site www.ip-details.com.its fast only.But from this article I know about the speed up firefox.Really its very useful to me.

RSS Entries

Recent Post