How to clear your RAM without restarting your system

When you continuously use system for hours then at a stage system speed start retarding, This is because of the RAM.Actually when system runs then program occupies the memory location on the RAM according to use and when program closes, respective memory locations are to be freed so that other application can use this memory.This goes on but when system continuously runs for a long time then these memory locations are not freed and occupied perfectly and hence few memory locations remain occupied.This causes the system to slow down.

RAM is to be cleared for efficient functioning of the system.For doing this you can either restart the system or can use this simple trick to free the RAM for windows 2000 or later.

1. Right click anywhere on your desktop.
2.Point over “New”, then select “Shortcut”.
3.Copy the below line (as it is):

%windir%\system32\rundll32.exe advapi32.dll,ProcessIdleTasks

4.Paste it there & click “Next”.
5.Give it a name like Clear RAM
6.That’s it, run it every time your computer goes slow.

You can also enhance it looks by providing it a Icon by right click--> properties->change icon.

Enjoyed reading this article,Now you may want to Subscribe to my RSS feed!or scroll down to leave a comment, or get back to the homepage.

Related Posts by Categories



11 comments:

  Chris Brennan

5:23 PM

Thank you very much for that! Exactly what I was looking for. You rock!

  Anonymous

10:21 AM

Thanks for this..Anyway, how do we know if it works? I mean we just have to click the icon and that's it??

  Anonymous

10:21 AM

That's exactly what I was looking for and you made it so easy. And for you anonymous, I know what you mean and here's how I know it works;
I was visiting one of my favorite forums when I noticed really sluggish performance. I suspected RAM was the issue so I opened a new browser and searched "clear RAM without reboot" and this was the first site I found. I was apprehensive, someone could be posting a way for me to do damage to my system but I tried it anyhow. I followed the instructions, clicked the icon and went back to my original browser and found that I was running at top speed again, just that quick. I had to come back here and thank Jay and post a positive comment.
Thanks Jay!!

Jim

  Anonymous

3:35 AM

Rally works, playing League of Legends really slows my performance, but now i just Alt+Tab and click the icon and BAM!, no lag any more.. thank u dude

  Anonymous

9:10 PM

That did absolutely nothing for me. I know it didn't because I am looking at the Resource Monitor and there was no change in RAM whatsoever. What am I doing wrong?

  scratch

12:48 PM

How does this apply to a 64 bit operating system? Is everything still piggy backed off of system32?

  scratch

12:51 PM

Does this still apply to a 64 bit windows 7 system? Does it piggyback off of the system32 protocols?

  Anonymous

11:53 AM

For 64bit systems use

%windir%\sysWOW64\rundll32.exe advapi32.dll,ProcessIdleTasks

  Anonymous

11:54 AM

For 64bit systems use:
%windir%\sysWOW64\rundll32.exe advapi32.dll,ProcessIdleTasks

  Unknown

1:00 AM

What's really weird is that this didn't free up any RAM in megabytes but my computer immediately jumped into workable condition after runing the file. Thanks A LOT ! :)

  wing ninja

10:35 PM

Thanks a lot Jay,this is unarguably the best technique.Thanks Again,Man

RSS Entries

Recent Post